Keeping horse for either personal or commercial use nowadays is becoming a very expensive venture. The situation can be even worse if for any instance there is something wrong with the horse health or in the whole business. That’s why having a reliable horse liability insurance (known as Pferdehaftpflichtversicherung in Germany) can be a good thing for any person who has a horse. The horse insurance (known as Pferdeversicherung in Germany) has been there for a very longtime and in fact this is one of the most insurance cover which animals are given.
There are many competitive and comprehensive policies for horse insurance; this is just what every farmer who has a horse need since many horses in the farms are at great risk of falling ill or encountering accidents which may result in huge losses for the farm. On the other hand, those who keep the horse for commercial purposes such as horse riding, horse competition are the ones who should even give another thought for insuring their horses.
This is not their animals, but also the assets which support their business and this is why they should look for the best insurance policies for their animals. But before the horse owner goes ahead to insure the horse it is very important to ensure that credible company should be used to offer these services. Also, it can be a good thing for horse owner to know against which risk they have to insure their animal’s against with. There are several risks which many company covers and the horses’ owner should ensure they are aware off.
Some of the most common risk that is associated with horse includes
- Farm product and supplies- these are risks which a horse owner will incur when the horse dies or is incapacitated the owner can be paid for the money spent on the farm product as well as supplies that were used on the horse
- Barns- the barn cost can be insured so that the owner of the horse can avoid this loss if the horse dies
- Farm machinery the owner of the horse can avoid loss on the investment made when purchasing farm machinery that is necessary for the horse
- Residences this is the cost the owner of the horse will be reimbursed on the money spent on construction of residences.
- Hay and grain – for the cost incurred in purchasing the hay and grains to beefed to the horse it can be insured to ensure in any eventuality the horse insurance company can be able to pay.
- Tack the insurance can also cover the tack cost
- Clinics the horse liability insurance can cover the cost of the clinic that the horse may be taken into.
- Riding instruction for the cost incurred on horse riding instruction the insurance company can be able to offer the reimbursement of the money spent on such training